As usual, the avenue's events calendar is starting to explode as we turn our attention to the holiday season. Here is a list of important upcoming events that you might be interested in:
- Park Slope Eye: is having a "Black Friday Balloon Pop" event on Friday November 25th from 8am-8pm. Balloons will hold discounts between 30% off and 100% off ! Do not miss the chance to cash in on this amazing sale ! Details via Facebook.
- Baluchi's: is celebrating its 3rd Anniversary from Thanksgiving through Sunday, November 27th. Drop by for a meal and get a free house drink as part of the celebration!
- Small Business Saturday: this Saturday, November 26th. Come down to Fifth Avenue and SHOP SMALL! The weather is supposed to be perfect and the Park Slope Fifth Avenue BID has hired a shuttle bus from 2 to 8 pm to help you get from one end of the BID to the other (Dean to 18th Street), so no excuses!
- Pink Olive: is open an hour early at 10am until Christmas. In addition, they are hosting a "Milk + Bookies Children's Holiday Book Drive Party" on Saturday, December 3rd from 11 am to 3 pm. Stories, milk and cookies and a chance to donate a book for a good cause! Download the event postcard for more info (.pdf).
- Gowanus Canal Conservancy: Our friends to the south are working hard to make the Gowanus Canal a better place. Join them on December 3rd from 6:30 till midnight for a fundraising event at Build It Green. Proceeds from the Winter Festival event will directly benefit the Gowanus Canal Conservancy, specifically assisting with its Clean & Green Volunteer Program, Compost Program and Rain Garden projects. Interested? Get more details and tickets here.
- Holiday Tree Lighting: Fifth Avenue's annual tree lighting will take place in a new location this year, thanks to the ongoing construction project at Washington Park. S'Nice Cafe has graciously agreed to host the tree in their corner garden space! Please Join us on Tues. Dec 6th at 6 pm at S'Nice (Fifth Avenue & 3rd Street). Santa and his helpers will be there with music from Rolie Polie Guacamole and the MS 51 Chorus. See you there!
- Finally, don't forget our list of Fifth Avenue Businesses who are open on Thanksgiving.