Yesterday we took our monthly, detailed stroll along Park Slope's Fifth Avenue. One thing seems pretty clear: the number of vacant commercial spaces along Fifth is smaller than it was in January. In fact, based on our surveys, the commercial vacancy rate is at its lowest level so far, this year
So what's new along Fifth?
- Ricky's Halloween pop-up shop opened in the former Blockbuster Video space at 550 Fifth Avenue. If you don't have a costume yet, you still have nearly 2 weeks to shop around but don't wait until the last minute (yes, we know you will wait until the last minute).
- The take-out space that is part of Fornino Park Slope is now called Polpette. Check out their interesting meatball menu here.
- Caramello will soon be opening up in the old Patio lounge space. Expect tempting baked goods and gelato. More details here.
- Back to Earth Health and Beauty looks almost ready to open at 139 Fifth Avenue.
- Ozzies will be closed for 3 or 4 weeks.