The Jewish New Year is fast approaching. If you are looking for a place to celebrate or you need something special to serve your guests at home, local Israeli restaurant Miriam (79 Fifth Avenue) has created a holiday menu that you should know about:
* Chicken noodle soup with Jewish meat dumplings
* Gefilte fish with garlic lemon carrots, cabbage salad and horseradish beet paste
* Chopped liver with caramelized onions in a cucumber shell
* Brisket with noodle kugel and sautéed lemon garlic string beans
* Roasted quail stuffed with Israeli couscous , roasted butternut squash and pumpkin seeds
* Apple honey cake with cardamom infused whipped cream.
The menu is available in the restaurant, as take-out or through Miriam's catering service from September 28 - October 2nd. For more information, go to miriamrestaurant.com.
If there are any other Fifth Avenue restaurants that will be serving special Rosh Hashanah meals this week, let us know and we'll post it!